httpd-users mailing list archives

From Joshua Slive <jos...@slive.ca>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] Alias Problem
Date Wed, 23 Apr 2003 22:02:23 GMT

[Please don't post your entire config file unless it is really necessary.]

On Thu, 24 Apr 2003, Taco Fleur wrote:

> I have a problem with Aliases in the Apache Config file.
> The Alias to "Manual" works fine, the other two don't work at all no
> matter what I try, am I missing something obvious or??.... Any help is
> appreciated.

> Alias /cfdocs "C:/Program Files/Apache Group/Apache2/htdocs/cfdocs"

What is the point of this Alias.  If you request
http://yourhost.example.com/cfdocs
without that alias, it should look in the directory "cfdocs" under your
documentroot, which is exactly where you are pointing the alias.  So what
are you trying to accomplish.

Second, the expression "don't work at all" is not helpful.  Say exactly
what you try, and exactly what the result is.

Joshua.