httpd-users mailing list archives

From Joshua Slive <jos...@slive.ca>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] CGI outside of ScriptAlias directories
Date Wed, 16 Apr 2003 21:53:10 GMT

On Wed, 16 Apr 2003, Lee Fellows wrote:

> On Wed, 2003-04-16 at 16:42, Selmer Ausland wrote:
> > or do the ScriptAlias /cgi-bin/ "D:/Apache2/htdocs/directory/cgi-bin/"
> > have to go into the VirtualHost container? Would you consider giving me
> > an example?
>
>   From the documentation, and if I understand what you are trying
>   to do, it looks like you can define ScriptAlias in the VirtualHost
>   definition: i.e.,
>   <VirtualHost *>
>     ScriptAlias /cgi-bin/ "D:/Apache2/htdocs/directory/cgi-bin/"
>   </VirtualHost>
>
>   and thus override any ScriptAlias defined outside the VirtualHost
>   container.

Yes, this will work fine.  If you want BOTH a global cgi-bin and a
virtual-host specific cgi-bin, then they can't both be called "cgi-bin".
you need to give them different names.  ie:

ScriptAlias /global-cgi-bin/ D:/Apache2/cgi-bin/

plus what Lee suggests above.  Then you can refer to the global one as
http://example.com/global-cgi-bin/script.cgi
and the local one as
http://example.com/cgi-bin/script.cgi

Joshua.