httpd-users mailing list archives

From Joshua Slive <jos...@slive.ca>
Subject RE: [users@httpd] .cgi/apache problems
Date Wed, 09 Apr 2003 22:10:27 GMT

On Wed, 9 Apr 2003, Thomas E. Dukes wrote:

> OK,
>
> If I run ./classifieds.cgi from the directory, I get bad intrepreter: No
> such file or directory.

That needs to be fixed.  Apache doesn't invoke "perl classifieds.cgi", it
simply invokes the script directly.  Most likely, the path on the first
line of the script needs to be adjusted to the true location of perl.

> If I run perl classifieds.cgi, it prints out a lot of text which looks
> like the EULA, a blank line, the </textarea><p>, blank line and the
> </FORM> with some html code.

Uhhh... I hope the first thing you saw was
followed by a blank line.  Otherwise, it won't work even when perl gets
invoked.

Joshua.