httpd-users mailing list archives

From Joshua Slive <jos...@slive.ca>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] perchild / mod_cgid
Date Sun, 06 Apr 2003 03:52:54 GMT

On Sat, 5 Apr 2003, Chris Meadors wrote:

> Simon Dassow wrote:
>
> > Sh*t, that's the same problem i now get since five releases of
> > apache2... boring!
> > If someone else succeeds with apache2 and the perchild MPM, MAIL IT TO
> > THE LIST :)
> > The bug is still listed on bugzilla, *sneef* maybe the next version?
>
> Oh, you've been at this longer than I, I've only seen the problem in the
> last 4 releases, didn't try before that.  :P
>
> 2.0.45 was the last "next release" for me.  I'm just going with SuExec,
> and PHP as cgi.

Good move.  Nobody is actively working on the perchild mpm, so you
shouldn't expect it to get fixed any time soon unless you want to work on
it.  Contributions are always welcome.

There is, however, a group of people working on somthing called mpmmux or
something like that, which is intended as a working replacement for
perchild.  This is still under development and I don't know its status.

Joshua.