httpd-users mailing list archives

From Joshua Slive <jos...@slive.ca>
Subject RE: [users@httpd] Problem getting SSI working on Apache 1.3
Date Thu, 03 Apr 2003 04:26:45 GMT

On Wed, 2 Apr 2003, Nicoll, Alan wrote:

> The path name to the CGI script is /usr/local/apache/cgi-bin/mcount.cgi.
> The path name to the web page with the directive calling that script is
> /usr/local/apache/htdocs/tools/Testcount.shtml.
>
> And each time I've modified the httpd.conf I've done a ../bin/apachectl
> graceful that returned successfully.
>
> > Here's the section from httpd.conf followed closely by the web page I'm
> > using to test the SSI directives:
> > <Directory "/usr/local/apache/htdocs">
> >     Options Indexes FollowSymLinks MultiViews +Includes ExecCGI

Everything that you have shown so far looks correct.  A few more things to
try:

1. Make sure that you don't have any other Options statements applying to
the /usr/local/apache/htdocs/tools/ directory.

2. Make sure that you are editting the correct config file.  Try placing
an obvious syntax error in the file and restarting.  Apache should
complain.

3. Assuming that you've done all of that, you'll need to start back at the
basics.  Move your existing httpd.conf off to the side and go back to the
default one that comes with apache.  Make only the ABSOLUTE MINIMUM
changes needed to get it to work on your site.  Then make the absolute
minimum changes needed to activate SSI: add "Includes" to the Options
directive in the document root, and uncomment the AddHandler/AddType for
shtml.  Then try it again.

Joshua.