httpd-users mailing list archives

From Joshua Slive <jos...@slive.ca>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] Problem getting SSI working on Apache 1.3
Date Wed, 02 Apr 2003 22:12:50 GMT

On Wed, 2 Apr 2003, Nicoll, Alan wrote:

> I am trying to make CGI scripts run on my Apache web server V1.3.22 on
> Solaris 8.  I have read the docs and made all the changes required for
> Server Side Includes.  I added "+Includes" to the end of my "Options" line
> and I uncommented the AddType and AddHandler lines.  I made a Test.shtml
> page with the Local_Date directive from the doc in it but it returns nothing
> except the test text.  The test-cgi script does run and returns info (that's
> where I got the Apache version).  See results below.
>
> My questions are:
> 1.  Are there other conf arguments that need to be set?
> 2.  Is there any thing else required?
> 3.  Is there some other way to test this?

You seem to be confusing SSI and CGI.  SSI scripts can call CGI scripts,
but besides that, they are completely independent things in Apache.

As far as your SSI goes, what do you mean by saying it returns the "test
text"?  Does is process the SSI directives, or can you see them when you
view-source?

What exactly does the relevant part of your httpd.conf look like?

Which Options line did you modify?  Did you look at:
http://httpd.apache.org/docs/misc/FAQ.html#options

Joshua.