httpd-users mailing list archives

From Joshua Slive <jos...@slive.ca>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] Virtual Host document root problem
Date Fri, 18 Apr 2003 22:27:36 GMT

On Fri, 18 Apr 2003, Mike W wrote:
> > Do you have a
> > NameVirtualHost *
> > directive?
> >
> > Joshua.
> >
> No.  Apache complained about having both name and IP based Vservers.
> The default SSL server is monitoring port 443.  The complaints stopped
> when I commented out NameVirtualHost *.

You need the NameVirtualHost directive.  If you want to do mixed name/port
based virtual hosting (necessary for SSL) then you need to specify an
explicit IP address as in

NameVirtualHost 127.0.0.1
and
<VirtualHost 127.0.0.1>

And no, you do not need to comment out the main DocumentRoot.  It will
just be ignored when you get the virtual hosts working.

Joshua.