httpd-users mailing list archives

From Joshua Slive <jos...@slive.ca>
Subject RE: [users@httpd] .cgi/apache problems: SOLVED (Almost)
Date Thu, 10 Apr 2003 03:28:29 GMT

On Wed, 9 Apr 2003, Thomas E. Dukes wrote:

> I got part of it running, the main page. But when I try to access a
> category I get Error 403 - Forbidden.  Here's a snippet of the log file:
>
> [Wed Apr 09 22:12:04 2003] [error] [client 10.10.0.2] Options ExecCGI is
> off in this directory:
> /home/www.palmettoshopper.com/html/classifieds/classifieds.cgi

> <Directory "/home/www.palmettoshopper.com/html/cgi-bin/classifieds/">
>   Options +ExecCGI
> </Directory>

Notice those two paths don't match.  One has a "cgi-bin" and the other
doesn't.  I suspect that your ScriptAlias is not set correctly, and
therefore Apache is looking in the wrong place for the script.  This is
strange, since it was finding the script before.  Have you changed things
in httpd.conf?

Joshua.