httpd-users mailing list archives

From Ramon Kagan <rka...@YorkU.CA>
Subject [users@httpd] Rewrite Engine in Apache2
Date Thu, 03 Apr 2003 16:04:36 GMT
HI,

We currently run a reverse proxy apache server on Solaris.  This is
running the 1.3.x stream of Apache.  Unfortunately, we are now seeing that
the server requires more than 256 connections at a time so I would like to
investigate Apache 2.x.  So, now I'm running Debian Linux, with
Apache 2.0.44 and have ported the configuration from the current proxy.

My problem is that the rewrite rules just aren't being used.  I have
mod_rewrite and mod_proxy enabled, and the engines are turned on (at least
in the configuration files they are).  apache2ctl configtest returns no
errors, but my rewrite log is completely empty.

How do I verify that the modules are actually active?  How do I get the
rewrite engine to actually run?

Thanks in advance,

Ramon Kagan
York University, Computing and Network Services
Unix Team -  Intermediate System Administrator
(416)736-2100 #20263
rkagan@yorku.ca

I have not failed.  I have just
found 10,000 ways that don't work.