httpd-users mailing list archives

From geb...@ameritech.net
Subject Re: [users@httpd] File Corruption
Date Fri, 25 Apr 2003 23:31:14 GMT

What test(s) did you run to determine that files are corrupted?

At 15:55 (UTC-0700) on Thu, 24 Apr 2003 Randy Grafton said:

= We have apache 2.0.44 running on FreeBSD 4.7. The system is responsible for
= storing files that our customers download. The files are uploaded to the
= server through ssh/sftp. Once the files are uploaded we do a 'test' download
= to verify that the file is intact and ready for customer access. It seems
= that as the file is pulled down several times by clients that it becomes
= corrupt, leaving us to re-upload a fresh copy of the file to the server. The
= permissions on the file are read-only for the httpd user ID. Nothing is
= listed in the error log-file regarding access to the corrupted file. This
= problem is not limited to any single file, it is happening to any file that
= experiences heavy traffic/requests for it to be downloaded. Any pointers or
= advice is very much appreciated.
=
= -Randy
=
=
=
= The official User-To-User support forum of the Apache HTTP Server Project.
= See <URL:http://httpd.apache.org/userslist.html> for more info.
= For additional commands, e-mail: users-help@httpd.apache.org
=
=