httpd-users mailing list archives

From Colin.Sle...@transwareplc.com
Subject RE: [users@httpd] DEAPI
Date Thu, 17 Apr 2003 13:27:25 GMT

Hi Owen ,

Can you explain as with the below configuration . I tried "
--enable-module=DEAPI" but this didn't work . Can you tell me what to  put
in for this module to work ??

Thanks for your help

                      "Boyle Owen"

                      <Owen.Boyle@swx.c        To:       <users@httpd.apache.org>

                      om>                      cc:

                                               Subject:  RE: [users@httpd] DEAPI

                      17/04/2003 12:48

                      Please respond to

                      users

The problem is that mod_ssl requires an Extended API (EAPI) to get its
hooks into the openssl library. So when you  configure apache for
mod_ssl, you patch the API. The risk is that if you then dynamically
load a Dynamic Shared Object (DSO) module, if the DSO module was
compiled a while ago (before you extended the API), it will expect the
standard API so *might* fail with the new EAPI. Also, it might not! - it
depends whether the function calls the module makes have changed in the
EAPI...

You can either plough through the source and check or you can recompile
the module with the option -DEAPI (N.B. It is the *module* that you must
recompile with -DEAPI, not apache...)

Rgds,
Owen Boyle

>Using the below config I just tried to put a D  in front of
>the last rule
>which would read --enable-rule=
>DEAPI and obviously this did not work. Is the some other
>module or  that
>has to be put in to satisfy this config ?
>

>I am configuring apache_1.3.27 with open_ssl.0.9.7a
>mod_ssl-2.8.14-1.3.27
>as follows
>

>commands.
>. cd /usr/local/uploads_dir
>. tar -zxvf openssl-0.9.6c.tar.gz
>. cd openssl-0.9.6c
>. sh config \ no-idea \ no-threads \ -fPIC && make && make install
>
>. cd /usr/local/uploads_dir
>. tar -zxvf apache_1.3.23.tar.gz
>Now setup mod_ssl
>.. cd /usr/local/uploads_dir
>. tar -zxvf mod_ssl-2.8.7-1.3.23.tar.gz
>. cd mod_ssl-2.8.7-1.3.23
>. ./configure --with-apache=../apache_1.3.23/ --with-ssl=../openssl-0.
>9.6c/ --prefix=/usr/local/apache --enable-shared=ssl --enable-module=
>ssl --enable-rule=SSL_SDBM --enable-rule=
>SSL_EXPERIMENTAL --enable-rule=SSL_VENDOR --enable-rule=
>EAPI

views of the sender's company.