httpd-users mailing list archives

From "Boyle Owen" <Owen.Bo...@swx.com>
Subject RE: [users@httpd] Apache cannot start anymore
Date Tue, 08 Apr 2003 09:27:11 GMT
You *need* to find the apache binary - we won't get very far without it...

Actually, if you simply *read* the start-up script, it will have the binary defined:

	# cd /etc/init.d
	# cat apache

If you don't understand something, post this file.

Alternatively, I'm guessing here since I'm not too familiar with where the various Linuxes
put their bundled apache distros, but you could look for:

	/etc/httpd
	/usr/bin/httpd
	/usr/sbin/httpd
	/bin/httpd
	/sbin/httpd

If all else fails, log in as root and do:

	# cd /
	# find . -name "httpd"

By the way, there is always the possibility that Debian have chosen to change the name of
the binary - perhaps to "apache" or "apached" - look for those too.

Where is httpd.conf, by the way? That will give you a clue to how apache is laid out.

Rgds,
Owen Boyle