httpd-users mailing list archives

From "Boyle Owen" <Owen.Bo...@swx.com>
Subject RE: [users@httpd] Directory Indexes and Deleting Files
Date Wed, 30 Apr 2003 07:10:35 GMT

In the out-of-the-box apache, all you can do with the directory index is
add HTML to the head of the page (HeaderName). There are a couple of
things you can try:

- look for a third-party module which already does what you want
(http://modules.apache.org/).
- hack the source code to make indexes appear as you want (look in
src/modules/standard/mod_autoindex.c - probably...)
- forget about modules and write the whole thing in a server-sided
application (CGI, ASP, cocoon etc.)

Rgds,
Owen Boyle

>Does anyone have an idea?  I surely don't.  :-)
>
>Just incase you wanted to know...  I'm running 1.3.20 on my RH 7.3.
>
>T.I.A. to everyone who lends.  I'm summarize at the end.
>Mark

>Mark Wishneusky
>System and Network Administrator / Support Engineer
>
>Commercial Phone:       508-233-5355
>Commercial Fax: 508-233-1291
>DSN Phone:              256-5355
>Commercial E-mail:      wishneum@stiusa.com