httpd-users mailing list archives

From "Boyle Owen" <Owen.Bo...@swx.com>
Subject RE: [users@httpd] Start up problems : could not bind to address
Date Thu, 24 Apr 2003 12:29:32 GMT

The "other application" is probably the default apache installation that
comes with RH. Do "ps -ef | grep httpd" to see if you already have
apache running. It's probably /etc/httpd but I don't know where the
config will be (each Linux is different).

Probably, this apache is starting automatically at boot - check
/etc/init.d and the rc directories therein to purge it.

Rgds,
Owen Boyle

>Tina.

pache/httpd/h
ttpd-2.0.45.tar.gz>httpd-2.0.45.tar.gz
> ) and am using Redhat 8.0 kernel version 2.4.18.
>
> When I try to run 'apachectl start' I get the following message :
> (13)Permission denied: make_sock: could not bind to address
127.0.0.1:80
> Unable to open logs
>
> The error occurs when I run as root and myself and whether the Listen
> directive is 80 or 127.0.0.1:80.
>
> Does anyone know what might be happening here ?
> Does it mean there is something else bound to port 80 ? and if so how
do I
> find out what ? and how do I change it ?
>
> Cheers
> Larry

views of the sender's company.