httpd-users mailing list archives

From "Boyle Owen" <Owen.Bo...@swx.com>
Subject RE: [users@httpd] virtual host
Date Tue, 22 Apr 2003 08:15:56 GMT

I hope you have been following the two almost identical threads on this subject... To summarise
what they've concluded:

- if you only have one IP number and one port (hopefully port 80), then the simplest configuration
is:

	NameVirtualHost *
	<VirtualHost *> etc..

	So let the default settings take care of everything.

- if you have any port-based VH (e.g. if you are running SSL), then you *must* define explicitly
the IP address in the NHV directive, e.g.

	<VirtualHost 192.168.1.1:443>

	NameVirtualHost 192.168.1.1:80
	<VirtualHost 192.168.1.1:80>

Rgds,