httpd-users mailing list archives

From "Boyle Owen" <Owen.Bo...@swx.com>
Subject RE: [users@httpd] DEAPI
Date Thu, 17 Apr 2003 14:04:31 GMT

The configuration sequence you quote is for apache. Apache is not the problem, it is compiling
perfectly. The problem is the module you are trying to load. It is an old module which was
comopiled against a plain API apache. You now have an EAPI apache and so need to RECOMPILE
THE MODULE with -DEAPI.

here are my notes from the last time I did this (obviously change the paths to suit your installation):

Adding a DSO module to a DSO apache
-----------------------------------

Apache 1.3.24 (DSO version) has been compiled with base modules installed
and with some Extension modules compiled but left in /home/apache/libexec.

Now we compile an additional module and load it: mod_proxy.

$ su
# cd /home/apache/apache_1.3.24/src
# vi Configuration

  - compile with extended API since we are using mod_ssl
  << # CFLAGS_SHLIB=-DEAPI
  >> CFLAGS_SHLIB=-DEAPI

  - make the module shareable
  << AddModule modules/proxy/libproxy.a
  >> SharedModule modules/proxy/libproxy.so

- rebuild the makefiles and compile
# ./Configure
# make

- copy the .so manually
# cd /home/apache
# cp apache_1.3.24/src/modules/proxy/libproxy.so libexec/libproxy.so

Now the module is accessible to apache.

Rgds,
Owen Boyle