httpd-users mailing list archives

From "Boyle Owen" <Owen.Bo...@swx.com>
Subject RE: [users@httpd] Install Apache 2.0.44(simple question)
Date Wed, 02 Apr 2003 07:07:59 GMT

"Why are we here?", is also a simple question :-)

You can install any version of apache anywhere you like. You control
where apache goes by the "--prefix" switch at the configure stage, e.g.

	./configure --prefix=/usr/local/apache2

will install the httpd binary in /usr/local/apache2/bin/httpd, the
config file in /usr/local/apache2/conf/httpd.conf and so on.

Note that the default for apache2 is /usr/local/apache2 while for
apache1.3 it is /usr/local/apache. So even if you just blindly install
both, they won't collide.

The first step in all of this is to uunpack the source and read the
INSTALL file. Start at http://httpd.apache.org/docs-2.0/install.html and
follow the instructions.

Rgds,
Owen Boyle

>thanks in advance.
>
>-Veena

>Yahoo! Tax Center - File online, calculators, forms, and more
>http://platinum.yahoo.com

views of the sender's company.