httpd-users mailing list archives

From "krip vorlund" <multics...@hotmail.com>
Subject [users@httpd] .htaccess allow question
Date Thu, 10 Apr 2003 15:50:16 GMT
Apache 1.3 and older Stronghold under Linux

I have a customer who has reached the limit of Allow entries.
Is there a way to increse the number of Allow entries in .htaccess?

Another alternative is does apache allow IP restrictions with ranges suche
as a.b.c.d-e for a.b.c.d through a.b.c.e?  I know about the netmask forms
like a.b.c.d/x and a.b.c.d/w.x.y.z but the customer does not know how to
generate them.  I'd prefer the customer be able to handle this without
asking me to do the masks.

I have checked the documentation at apache.org.  I did not find any
reference to the ip-ip format, though I may well have missed it.

Thanks