httpd-users mailing list archives

From "Charrick, Gordon" <gordon.charr...@tfn.com>
Subject [users@httpd] Redirect help in 1.3.xx
Date Wed, 30 Apr 2003 19:24:38 GMT
I've got to get this done quickly and haven't been able to figure out how to
do it myself yet so I'm asking the list for some help.

We're using Weblogic with apache as a frontend. We have apache (1.3.27) set
up so any url that looks like http://abc.com/application/anythingelsehere is
forwarded to Weblogic for processing because it specifically looks for the
"application" string. What I need to do is redirect any url that looks like
http://abc.com/application/anythinghere/ABCDEFG/anythingelse to a static
splash page at http://abc.com/splash.

Somehow, I need to have apache pass everything with "application" in it to
Weblogic unless it also has ABCDEFG in the url. I've played around some with
LocationMatch and RedirectMatch but haven't been able to figure it out.
Ideas anyone?

Gordon