httpd-users mailing list archives

From "Manu Kits" <manojkithany...@hotmail.com>
Subject [users@httpd] Forbidden Error on User Dir (Ref: Dreamweaver FTP)
Date Wed, 02 Apr 2003 17:21:04 GMT
Hello everyone,

I am using APache 1.3.26 on IBM AIX System.

I am using Dreamweaver to connect to REMOTE Site(my Server) for STATIC HTML
Pages. When I publish them in Dreamweaver and then PUT those files on Server
(via Dreamweaver FTP) it gives rights rw-r----- to those file and so later
when I check in browser it shows Access denied....

Later on I have to do TELNET to do $CHMOD o+r *.html to make it work. This
method is NOT convenient and was wondering if there is better approach to do
it AUTOMATICALLY using DreamWeaver FTP

I have a user named 'hari' whose home directory is "/homr/hari"  and whose
directory structure is as follows:

#pwd
/home/hari/public_html
#ls -l
lrwxrwxrwx   1 root     system            2 Mar 06 14:01 abc -> abc
-rw-r--r--   1 hari usr           28457 Mar 06 14:09 index.html
-rw-r-----   1 hari usr            6087 Apr 01 12:40 news.html
-rw-r--r--   1 root     system           82 Apr 01 10:27 test.html
-rw-r-----   1 hari usr              82 Apr 01 12:45 test1.html
root#

My HTTPD.CONF file settings for this directory are:
DocumentRoot "/usr/local/apache/htdocs"

<Directory /home/hari/public_html>
   Options +FollowSymLinks +SymLinksIfOwnerMatch +Indexes
   Order allow,deny
   Allow from all
</Directory>

Alias /abc/ /home/hari/public_html/

I have following directory settings on apache dir:
#pwd
/usr/local/apache/htdocs
#ls -l
lrwxrwxrwx   1 root     system           26 Mar 06 14:01 abc ->
/home/hari/public_html
i.e: I have CREATED a SYMBOLIC LINK of User 'HARI's PUBLIC_HTML directory in
DOCUMENTROOT.

Any related informatino on this is appreciated.

THANKS!