httpd-users mailing list archives

From "Jan-Hendrik Heuing" ...@netfielders.de>
Subject AW: [users@httpd] clustering
Date Sat, 19 Apr 2003 17:19:52 GMT
Hi !

The point: mod_backhand would transfer load to "backend" servers, while only 2 servers are
accessible to the network.

If anyone knows about other solutions, tell me. Otherwise I wil have a look at these external
load-balance-solutions...

thanks anyway. jhh

-----Urspr√ľngliche Nachricht-----
Von: Adam Moffett [mailto:adamlist@clarityconnect.com]
Gesendet: Samstag, 19. April 2003 17:24
An: users@httpd.apache.org
Betreff: Re: [users@httpd] clustering

Buy a load balancer.

Or there is also general purpose load balancing software, I looked at
this stuff a year or two ago, but I recall there being a Linux Kernel
module that would do load balancing, as well as a Daemon.  I don't
remember what they were called or anything...but just do a google
search for "[your platform] load balancing".  I'm sure you'll find
something.