httpd-users mailing list archives

From "kibbles *" <jelly_bean_ju...@hotmail.com>
Subject [users@httpd] Virtual Proxys...
Date Thu, 24 Apr 2003 17:05:56 GMT

Okay guys and gals...

I need a hand with proxy settings on my Apache 2 server.
I have the latest release of Apache2 on an OpenBSD 3.2 box.

It is compiled with the proxy shared modules and everything
seems to run smoothly with SSL and all that ... hee hee

Anyways... to the point I have an ADSL modem which is a built in
router/ethernet and places the Apache Web Server on a DMZ,
[ server one :: 192.168.0.200 ] (which makes the server open
to all forms of attacks I understand this), but I have a
second server [ server two :: 192.168.0.230 ] which I want the
headers and the request responses forwarded and basically
proxy through to this second server.

I haven't seen too much documentation on this, or even if it is
possible? Can anyone point me in the right direction. I've included
a section of the virtual hosting proxy config with the email...

Thanks in advance :)

kibbles

####[router.internalserver.com]####
<VirtualHost 192.168.0.200>
  ServerAdmin kibble@internalserver.com
  ServerName router.internalserver.com
  ServerAlias router.internalserver.com *.router.internalserver.com
  ProxyRemote * http://192.168.0.230:82/
  SuexecUserGroup kibble kibble

  <Proxy *>
    ProxyPass http://192.168.0.230:82/