httpd-users mailing list archives

From "Etienne Lebel" <ele...@recruitsoft.com>
Subject RE: [users@httpd] apache server behind a load balancer with port translation problem with mod_dir
Date Thu, 24 Apr 2003 19:25:35 GMT
Thanks it work perfectly

Etienne

-----Original Message-----
From: Joshua Slive [mailto:joshua@slive.ca]
Sent: Thursday, April 24, 2003 2:53 PM
To: users@httpd.apache.org
Subject: Re: [users@httpd] apache server behind a load balancer with
port translation problem with mod_dir

On Thu, 24 Apr 2003, Etienne Lebel wrote:

> Hi,
>
> we have our apache servers listening on port 8080 with multiple
> virtualhost on our internal lan, those servers are behind our Load
> Balancer and are reachable on port 80 from the Internet (Simple PAT).
> The problem is when we are trying to access a url like
> http://foo.domain.com/directory we receive a redirect to
> http://foo.domain.com:8080/directory/index.html and the request never
> reach our internal servers.  I know that this redirect is build based
> on the ServerName and the Port of the VirtualHost in my configuration
> when mod_dir handle it.  But I want to know if they are a way to
> configure my apache server to not send the port when mod_dir send a
> redirect like this.

Listen 8080
Port 80

This works because, with the listen directive present, the Port
directive is used ONLY for building the correct server name in redirects
and such things.

I can't remember exactly how this works with VirtualHosts.  The docs say
that Port can't be used inside <VirtualHost>, but I'm guessing that is
wrong.  You probably want the Listen in the global server config and the
Port inside the <VirtualHost> section.

Joshua.