httpd-users mailing list archives

From "Revankar, Girish (Exchange)" <grevan...@bear.com>
Subject RE: [users@httpd] VirtualHost Hosing me up
Date Wed, 02 Apr 2003 15:23:30 GMT
You should have your new domain pointing to IP of the machine. Basically, u
will have to make DNS entry for this new domain. Minimal parameter required
within the VirtualHost block is ServerName.

-----Original Message-----
From: John Doumani [mailto:fuguma@attbi.com]
Sent: Tuesday, April 01, 2003 8:03 PM
To: users@httpd.apache.org
Subject: [users@httpd] VirtualHost Hosing me up

Hello,

I am having some problems working with VirtualHost. Whenever I add the
following code to my http.conf file, I have the following strange behaviour:

a) I can't access any files other than the index file at the document root
of the server.
b) neither one of the virtual hosts actually resolves.

I am new to the web server world. Any insight into this would be most
appreciated. Do I need to contact the registrar of my domains and have then
point to my IP address? If so, will they both point to the same IP address
and the configuration file will resolve each to the correct document root?

 I am  running Apache 2.044 on Windows 2000 professional

--------------------------------------
NameVirtualHost *

#
# VirtualHost example:
# Almost any Apache directive may go into a VirtualHost container.
# The first VirtualHost section is used for requests without a known
# server name.
#
<VirtualHost *>
    ServerAdmin admin@domain1.net
    DocumentRoot "D:/Program Files/Apache Group/Apache2/domain1"
    ServerName hokkeko.net
    ServerAlias www.domain1.net
    <Directory "D:/Program Files/Apache Group/Apache2/domain1">
      Options Indexes FollowSymLinks Multiviews Includes ExecCGI
      AllowOverride None
      Order allow,deny
      allow from all
    </Directory>
    ErrorLog logs/domain1.com-error_log
    CustomLog logs/domain1.com-access_log common
</VirtualHost>

<VirtualHost *>
    ServerAdmin admin@domain2.com
    DocumentRoot "D:/Program Files/Apache Group/Apache2/domain2"
    ServerName lthrgrizzly.com
    ServerAlias www.domain2.com
    <Directory "D:/Program Files/Apache Group/Apache2/domain2">
      Options Indexes FollowSymLinks Multiviews Includes ExecCGI
      AllowOverride None
      Order allow,deny
      allow from all
    </Directory>
    ErrorLog logs/domain2.com-error_log
    CustomLog logs/domain2.com-access_log common
</VirtualHost>