httpd-users mailing list archives

From Crow Lee Contr 379 ECS <Lee.C...@auab.aorcentaf.af.mil>
Subject RE: [users@httpd] Script alias problem?
Date Mon, 21 Apr 2003 08:00:38 GMT
Hi,

I have tried the config file both ways.

Thanks though!

Lee Crow
Sr. LAN/WAN Administrator
ITT Systems Division
---------------------------
Cell: +974-556-3127
DSN: 318-471-2074
Lee.Crow@auab.aorcentaf.af.mil

-----Original Message-----
From: Dark Origin [mailto:dark@w00p.dk]
Sent: Monday, April 21, 2003 10:39 AM
To: Crow Lee Contr 379 ECS
Subject: Re: [users@httpd] Script alias problem?

Hello Crow,

Monday, April 21, 2003, 7:50:26 AM, you wrote:

CLC3E> Hi all,

CLC3E> I am having a problem with Nagios on Apache.  I have already written
the
CLC3E> nagios user group but there isn't much activity on there.  Can
someone
CLC3E> please help me out?  My correspondence with the group is pasted
below.

CLC3E> Thanks for any help!

CLC3E> Lee

CLC3E> Ok... I looked in the httpd-error.log file and it doesn't look right.
Here
CLC3E> is one of the entries:

CLC3E> script not found or unable to stat:
/usr/local/share/nagios/cgi-bintac.cgi

CLC3E> This isn't a typo... there is no "/" between cgi-bin and the script
CLC3E> indicate that the script is in the cgi-bin directory.  However, the
URL on
CLC3E> the website looks correct:

CLC3E> http://xxx.xx.xxx.141/nagios/cgi-bin/tac.cgi
CLC3E> <http://xxx.xx.xxx.141/nagios/cgi-bin/tac.cgi>

CLC3E> And here is how my httpd.conf file looks from a nagios standpoint.

CLC3E> ScriptAlias /nagios/cgi-bin/ /usr/local/share/nagios/cgi-bin/
<Directory
CLC3E> "/usr/local/share/nagios/cgi-bin/">
CLC3E>     AllowOverride AuthConfig
CLC3E>     Options ExecCGI
CLC3E>     Order allow,deny
CLC3E>     Allow from all
CLC3E> </Directory>

CLC3E> Alias /nagios /usr/local/share/nagios/
CLC3E> <Directory "/usr/local/share/nagios">
CLC3E>     Options None
CLC3E>     AllowOverride AuthConfig
CLC3E>     Order allow,deny
CLC3E>     Allow from all
CLC3E> </Directory>

CLC3E> Thanks!

CLC3E> Lee Crow
CLC3E> Sr. LAN/WAN Administrator
CLC3E> ITT Systems Division
CLC3E> ---------------------------
CLC3E> Cell: +974-556-3127
CLC3E> DSN: 318-471-2074
CLC3E> Lee.Crow@auab.aorcentaf.af.mil

CLC3E> -----Original Message-----
CLC3E> From: Subhendu Ghosh [mailto:sghosh@sghosh.org
<mailto:sghosh@sghosh.org> ]
CLC3E> Sent: Sunday, April 20, 2003 3:51 AM
CLC3E> To: nagios-users@lists.sourceforge.net
CLC3E> Subject: Re: [Nagios-users] Nagios on FreeBSD

CLC3E> On Sat, 19 Apr 2003, Crow Lee Contr 379 ECS wrote:

>> Hi all,
>>
>> I installed nagios about a week ago.  I just got the config files
>> right to where when I run the check on them I get zero errors.
>> Whoopie!
>>
>> Anyway, I can get to my nagios web site and view all of the
>> documentation. However, when I try to click on any of the cgi links I
>> get a 404 error.  I set up the authentication for the cgi scripts and
>> I am logged in as nagiosadmin.  Here is my setup.
>>
>> OS: FreeBSD
>> Nagios installed from port with all required software
>> 2 drwxrwxr-x   2 nagios  nagios    512 Apr 15 10:59 cgi-bin
>> In my httpd.conf file I have:
>>
>> ScriptAlias /nagios/cgi-bin /usr/local/share/nagios/cgi-bin <Directory
>> "/usr/local/share/nagios/cgi-bin">
>>     AllowOverride AuthConfig
>>     Options ExecCGI
>>     Order allow,deny
>>     Allow from all
>> </Directory>
>>
>> Alias /nagios /usr/local/share/nagios/
>> <Directory "/usr/local/share/nagios">
>>     Options None
>>     AllowOverride AuthConfig
>>     Order allow,deny
>>     Allow from all
>> </Directory>
>>
>> Does anyone know what I am doing wrong?  Any help would be greatly
>> appreciated!
>>
>> Thanks,
>>
>> Lee Crow
>> Sr. LAN/WAN Administrator
>> ITT Systems Division

CLC3E> Do the apache logs provide any hints?

CLC3E> -sg

I don't know ....

Alias /nagios /usr/local/share/nagios/

this maybe ? should it not be:

Alias /nagios /usr/local/share/nagios

without the trailing slash. Have you tried to do all of the dirs
without trailing slashes ?

Sorry if this don't help, I have little, if any, expirience with
nagios. But sometimes it's small mistakes and/or typos that mess it
all up :)

--
Best regards,
 Dark