httpd-users mailing list archives

From Mike Hegadorn <mikehe...@earthlink.net>
Subject [users@httpd] sbox question: everyone belongs to group 'nobody'?
Date Wed, 23 Apr 2003 00:51:40 GMT
Hello everyone,

I'm having trouble with sbox. It seems to be changing uid/gid correctly (according to the
sbox.log file). But, after a test I set up to check it, it acts like the normal user belongs
to the nobody group (the apache webserver group), because a file (test.txt) owned by mike
and nobody and chmoded to 640 is readable fine by sbox (print `cat text.txt`;), when executed
with user tommy and group test! (In which case it shouldn't be readable).

Now if I change the owership of the test.txt file to mike.root, it can't read it anymore.
Also, the user tommy can't read test.txt from the shell (when owned by mike and nobody).

So, like I said, it acts like all users belong to the group nobody for some reason, but they
don't. Could someone possibly explain this?

Thanks in advance,
-Mike