httpd-users mailing list archives

From batrist...@mediageneral.com
Subject RE: [users@httpd] Problem with apache
Date Thu, 10 Apr 2003 19:30:16 GMT
I have it working I had to change my permissions but now if I try to go to a
directory under sidebar in the search directory it prompts me for a password
and denys me - will I need to do a <directory> tag for every sub-directory?

Thanks,
Bobbie

-----Original Message-----
From: Future Shock Business Solutions [mailto:futureshock@shaw.ca]
Sent: Thursday, April 10, 2003 2:58 PM
To: users@httpd.apache.org
Subject: Re: [users@httpd] Problem with apache

<Directory /u01/mgfs/mgfsbizpage/sidebar>
    Options FollowSymLinks Includes
    AllowOverride AuthConfig #make this change
    AuthType Basic
    AuthName "Restricted Sidebar Files"
    AuthUserFile /u01/mgfs/mgfsbizpage/.htpasswd
    AuthGroupFile /u01/mgfs/mgfsbizpage/sidebargroup.txt
    Require group sidebargroup
    Satisfy any # try adding this, also
</Directory>

What permissions have you set for the sidebargroup.txt file?

See http://httpd.apache.org/docs-2.0/howto/auth.html

HTH
Eric
Future Shock Business Solutions