httpd-users mailing list archives

From batrist...@mediageneral.com
Subject [users@httpd] Problem with apache
Date Thu, 10 Apr 2003 18:28:38 GMT
Hi,
I'm having a problem password protecting certain directories on my
webserver. Everything was working until I started working with AuthGroupFile
I've included a copy of the error message, httpd.conf code and my group file
info....

[Thu Apr 10 13:03:03 2003] [crit] [client 12.5.1.207] configuration error:
couldn't check access.  No groups file?: /sidebar
(and yes nothing is named sidebar - don't get it)

<Directory /u01/mgfs/mgfsbizpage/sidebar>
    Options FollowSymLinks Includes
    #AllowOverride None
    AuthType Basic
    AuthName "Restricted Sidebar Files"
    AuthUserFile /u01/mgfs/mgfsbizpage/.htpasswd
    AuthGroupFile /u01/mgfs/mgfsbizpage/sidebargroup.txt
    Require group sidebargroup
</Directory>

This file is named sidebargroup.txt

sidebargroup:  MGFinSv thedes65 mgfs1127 mgfs1132 mgfs1134 mgfs1136 biz1010
sidebargroup:LNewsAdv Progress DRegBee StarExp Nherald Potomac MJMess NewsVa
Bpress sidebargroup:VirBus WinSal DailyNws Indepen McDowell NewsHer Review
Landmark sidebargroup:Tribune Hernando Highland Denver MGNSDC mgfs1111
mgfs1112 mgfs1137

Thanks,
Bobbie

Bobbie Atristain