httpd-users mailing list archives

From batrist...@mediageneral.com
Subject RE: [users@httpd] Question about a certificate
Date Fri, 04 Apr 2003 16:01:50 GMT
Hi Jimmy,
I did run the diff and there's any difference b/t the 2
I did go ahead and delete the 2nd directive so I have the cert and key coming
from the ssl.crt directory now

Any other ideas?

-----Original Message-----
From: Jimmy McDonald [mailto:iod@bsdshell.dyndns.org]
Sent: Friday, April 04, 2003 10:43 AM
To: users@httpd.apache.org
Subject: Re: [users@httpd] Question about a certificate

Can you do a diff on these two files?

    SSLCACertificateFile /usr/local/apache/certs/placeanad.cert
    SSLCertificateFile /usr/local/apache/conf/ssl.crt/placeanad.cert

The first file should contain a list of CAs that your machine trusts. The second
file should be the cert file for the server. It appears that the second one
might be right and the first one might not be. You could have named your CA file
the same thing since you are storing them in different locations.

Also, I'm not sure why you have this:

    SSLCertificateKeyFile /usr/local/apache/certs/secureprivate.key
    SSLCertificateKeyFile /usr/local/apache/conf/ssl.crt/secureprivate.key

Run a diff on both of these, if they are identical, which I suspect they are,
you can just delete one of these lines since only need to reference your key
once. If they aren't the same I'll ask some questions about that later.