httpd-users mailing list archives

From Denise Mangano <Deni...@complusdata.com>
Subject RE: [users@httpd] Restricting access by IP address between Linux and WinXP
Date Wed, 16 Apr 2003 01:33:22 GMT
It turns out that the problem is not my server seeing my workstation's IP
address.  When I connect to www.mywebsite.com and run a netstat from my
server I see my workstation connected and the IP address shows correctly.

Now the Directory directive for the test.mywebsite.com specifies to allow
from 192.168.XX.XX which is my IP address.  However I get forbidden  access
to the / directory.  Everyone has read permission from the / directory down
to the test.mywebsite directory.

I'd really appreciate any feedback on this one - I'm really stressing over
this, and need to get this working asap.  I've been searching throught the
archives and it looks like I am doing everything right but its not working.

I made a typo before... the directives in my httpd.conf file are as follows:
<Directory />
   Order deny,allow
   Deny from all
</Directory>