httpd-users mailing list archives

From Denise Mangano <Deni...@complusdata.com>
Subject RE: [users@httpd] Multiple httpd conf files? (New to list)
Date Wed, 16 Apr 2003 01:21:46 GMT
Well I would need the redirect to get them from www.mywebsites.com to
www.mywebsite.com, for example isn't that right?

By using the Alias directive inside the vhost container I could make the
alias and point it to the right directory, but I need the URL redirected
because all SSL requests have to be served by www.mywebsite.com.

Am I misunderstanding something?

Thanks for your input :)
Denise

-----Original Message-----
From: Jeff Cohen
To: users@httpd.apache.org
Sent: 4/15/2003 6:53 PM
Subject: RE: [users@httpd] Multiple httpd conf files? (New to list)

Man, if that's the case, then just use the alias command on each Vhost
container, you don't need the redirection at all.
The alias can give you that but not outside the Vhost container since
they
all getting a specific link that they must go to, therefore you just
need to
assign the right alias at the right Vhost container. Simple as is.
All the best,
Jeff Cohen

section
of
> the website.  I'm dealing with government clients so it is important
that
> information for each client stays separated from the others.
>
> Basically our client will be provided with a URL to our site
> www.mywebsite.com/client1/ where they can connect to our back end
systems
> through the webapp.  If the go to www.mywebsite.com they will be
prompted
> enter the URL exactly as it had been provided to them.  ( I am not
allowed
> to post links to each subdirectory here as to not make our client list
> available).  If they know of another client and try to access
> www.mywebsite.com/client2/ they will be brought to the index page, but
will
> not be able to go any further without providing information specific
the
> intended client (controlled by the back end system).
>
> Thanks again,
> Denise

Vhosts,
> but the redirect will not. But let me ask you a question, does is
really a
> must that your clients will access only this website? Are they allowed
> access any of the other website? Are they using any of the other
websites
> content or just that one?
>
> All the best,
> Jeff Cohen