httpd-users mailing list archives

From Richard Crawford <rcrawf...@unexmail.ucdavis.edu>
Subject [users@httpd] mod_auth_digest in Apache 2.0.44 on Solaris 8 generates error when trying to start/stop/restart Apache
Date Fri, 25 Apr 2003 19:59:53 GMT
I'm running Apache 2.0.44 on a Solaris 8 sparc server.  My boss has decided
that we should be using digest authentication in certain of our
directories.  Apache was compiled with support for mod_auth_digest.  In
httpd.conf, I've uncommented the line,

LoadModule auth_digest_module modules/mod_auth_digest.so

But when I try to start, stop, or restart the server, I receive the
following error:

Syntax error on line 236 of httpd.conf
Cannot load modules/mod_auth_digest.so into server: ld.so.1: bin/httpd:
fatal: relocation error: file modules/mod_mod_auth_diest.so: symbol
__floatdidf: referenced symbol not found

I have Googled and found nothing particularly useful.  All I found was this:

http://www.apacheadmin.com/talk/index.cgi?action=Flat&article=14

which contains the line, "In a newsgroup I found the hint to recompile gcc
3.0.4 with the gnu binutils (Linker ld etc.)" with the caveat that this did
not work.

I have also searched newsgroups (solaris-specific and apache-specific) and
found nothing enlightening.

Are there any modifications to the httpd.conf file (aside from commenting
out that line) that I can make to fix this problem, or are there other
websites I can go to to find a solution?