httpd-users mailing list archives

From "William A. Rowe, Jr." <wr...@rowe-clan.net>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] Upgrading Apache 2.0 and httpd.conf file
Date Mon, 07 Apr 2003 03:35:10 GMT
For an absolute answer, viewcvs is your friend.

  http://cvs.apache.org/viewcvs/httpd-2.0/docs/conf/httpd-std.conf.in

is the default stock input file.  Win32's is supposed to be in sync so
you can use this example (though line numbers change.)

You aren't interested in all the gory details, just the changes, so scroll
down to an APACHE_2_0_XX version you are upgrading to, click on
"[select for diffs]", then scroll to the version you are upgrading from
and click on the "Diffs to .... _selected_ n.n.n.n_ (_colored_)".  If you
click on the version, you get a unified diff like this;

  http://cvs.apache.org/viewcvs/httpd-2.0/docs/conf/httpd-std.conf.in.diff?r1=1.27.2.3&r2=1.22

(that's one long uri) - or you can compare them in color for legibility;

  http://cvs.apache.org/viewcvs/httpd-2.0/docs/conf/httpd-std.conf.in.diff?r1=1.27.2.3&r2=1.22&diff_format=h

Those links above illustrate all changes between APACHE_2_0_41
release, and APACHE_2_0_45.  We are striving to avoid forcing you
to change your configs again after .41, until the next major release
(which will be numbered 2.2.0 - The Apache 2.1's are development
builds that won't be official 'releases').

Bill

At 06:42 PM 4/5/2003, B.J. Ash wrote:
>Hey list,
>        When upgrading from Apache httpd 2.0.x to 2.0.x, are there any big changes that
should be made in the httpd.conf file or can I just keep my old one?