httpd-users mailing list archives

From Jon Whitener <webmas...@twmi.rr.com>
Subject [users@httpd] 100-percent CPU Usage and no response
Date Wed, 30 Apr 2003 21:10:47 GMT
I found four other people with this same problem.  My set-up:

OS: Windows XP Service Pack 1
CPU: AMD Athlon XP 1700+
APACHE: 2.0.45 (Others complained of version 2.0.44)
INSTALLATION: "only for the Current User, on Port 8080, when started Manually"
CONFIG: Default settings, and I tried playing with them to no effect.

When I select the "Start Apache in Console" shortcut, the MS-DOS console window appears, and
after a few seconds, my CPU usage shoots up to 100%, attributable to the Apache process.

If I open a browser window, and attempt to visit either http://localhost:8080/ or http://127.0.0.1:8080/,
the browser simply waits ("Connecting/Opening...") and receives nothing.  Only when I hit
Ctrl-C on the Apache console window will the browser indicate "Could not connect / Cannot
find server".

Others have reported the same problem at:
http://www.serverexpert.com/viewtopic.php?t=402

Error log reports no errors.  I've made sure my Windows QoS is turned off.

Any advice is appreciated.
Thanks in advance,

Jon
Detroit Michigan USA