httpd-users mailing list archives

From "Jeremy D. Weiss" <jdwe...@chanweiss.com>
Subject RE: [users@httpd] Apache cannot start anymore
Date Wed, 09 Apr 2003 14:25:08 GMT
At 09:46 AM 04/09/2003 +0200, you wrote:
>Hey jeremy,
>
>I tried what you suggested but with nu luck..:(
>I also tried doing a find / -name protocols.db, and a locate protocols.db
>with also no luck.
>I will try to get an answer on this on the debian mailinglist..:)

Well, that's the reason for your segfault, at least...

Apache is, apparently, looking for that file...which doesn't exist.

I'm not sure how to solve that however, as I am unfamiliar with the Apache
that is packaged for debian.  It might just be easiest to get the source
(for Apache) and build your own copy...of course, then you have to worry
about your package db becoming out-of-sync... unless the debian package
archive has a source-package for Apache, of which I'm not sure (you can try
searching through dselect, though).

==Jeremy