httpd-users mailing list archives

From Cody Harris <h...@ns.sympatico.ca>
Subject [users@httpd] Internet Explorer
Date Thu, 03 Apr 2003 20:28:35 GMT
I set up this URL (http://pnsoftware.gotdns.com) which is a VHOST with this:

<directory "C:/http/pnsoftware">
deny from all
ErrorDocument 403 "The author of this webpage requests that all clients be
denied for the time being.
</directory>

In any other browser, i get that message, but on IE on Windows, i get:

You are not authorized to view this page

You might not have permission to view this directory or page using the
credentials you supplied.

If you believe you should be able to view this directory or page, please
try to contact the Web site by using any e-mail address or phone number
that may be listed on the <http://localhost>localhost home page.

You can click <javascript:doSearch()>4f1ca9a.jpg<javascript:doSearch()>
Search to look for information on the Internet.

HTTP Error 403 - Forbidden
Internet Explorer

What's with that? Why doesn't i come up like netscape or IE my my friend's
mac. This also happens on a 404 if i don't set it to a CGI.

Thanks.