httpd-users mailing list archives

From Roy Gordon <r...@semantic.com>
Subject [users@httpd] shutting down: <OS 10048>
Date Tue, 01 Apr 2003 11:33:44 GMT
This must have been asked a zillion times but trying to go to the archives
page didn't take me anywhere.   So...

Apache 2.0.44 attempts to start on my XP Pro system I get the following
error:
C:\Program Files\Apache Group\Apache2\bin>apache -k install
(OS 10048)Only one usage of each socket address (protocol/network
address/port)
is normally permitted.  : make_sock: could not bind to address 0.0.0.0:80
Unable to open logs.
I actually when into httpd.conf and modified it so I told it to listen at
127.0.0.1:80.

Same message.  And, localhost is there.  I can ping it (ping -t localhost).

As far as I know I have no other program using any of these addresses.

It's not my firewall.  I disabled it and got the same result.

Thanks.

Roy