httpd-users mailing list archives

From Brian Quinn <br...@az511.com>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] 127.0.0.1 not responding
Date Wed, 16 Apr 2003 18:14:05 GMT
AHHH, i think i know what might be happening, let me know if it doesn't
sound right though, sometimes i talk without thinking.  But this is what i
think could be happening

In his httpd.conf file he has servername set to "domain.com" and not
"127.0.0.1" (or localhost).  Then, in his browser, he types 127.0.0.1, hits
apache, it try's to set it to the domainname he has in his conf file, and
times out cause it can't resolve.

I remember having a problem similar to that a while back.  I set up apache
to mydomain.com, then used local host to get to it, and it would change the
browser to www.mydomain.com, and ends up being the REAL server (not my test
server).

oh well, that's my thought

Brian