httpd-users mailing list archives

From Ezra <e...@acedsl.com>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] Basic Authentication with Apache 2.44 on Solaris 8 doesn't appear to work
Date Sun, 27 Apr 2003 04:18:28 GMT
What's up Rich:
			You forgot to use:   Allowoverride AuthConfig in the directory
container where you want Authentication.  I came across the same
situation a few weeks back(I was ready to punch my monitor).  So your
setup should look like:

Directory "/space/usr/jrun4/servers/default/cfusion/DLC/admin/">

  AllowOverride AuthConfig ###################### You need this line

##Don't forget your access restrictions.  example below
#########################This is just an example
order allow,deny
Allow from all
  AuthType Basic
  AuthName "Restricted"
  AuthUserFile /space/usr/jrun4/servers/default/passwd/passwords
  Require user cfusion
  </Directory>

Ezra Taylor