httpd-users mailing list archives

From Selmer Ausland <sel.ausl...@shawcable.com>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] CGI outside of ScriptAlias directories
Date Wed, 16 Apr 2003 20:42:17 GMT

Joshua Slive wrote:

> On Wed, 16 Apr 2003, Selmer Ausland wrote:
>

> > ScriptAlias /cgi-bin/ "D:/Apache2/cgi-bin/"
>
> >      DocumentRoot "D:/Apache2/htdocs/directory"
> >      <Directory "D:/Apache2/htdocs/directory/cgi-bin">
>
> The ScriptAlias takes precendence over the DocumentRoot.  Any requests to
> /cgi-bin/ will be served from D:/apache2/cgi-bin/.  If you want the other
> cgi-bin to work, you will need to name the directory something else.
>
> Joshua.

 Thanks Joshua and Lee. I understand that now, but how do I configure it
to allow more than one of my clients to have cgi-bin enabled in their
home directories and enabled in the "ScriptAlias /cgi-bin/
D:/Apache2/cgi-bin/" as well, is that possible?, From what I read it is.
Can I use more than one ScriptAlias such as:

ScriptAlias /cgi-bin/ "D:/Apache2/cgi-bin/"
ScriptAlias /cgi-bin/ "D:/Apache2/htdocs/directory/cgi-bin/"

or do the ScriptAlias /cgi-bin/ "D:/Apache2/htdocs/directory/cgi-bin/"
have to go into the VirtualHost container? Would you consider giving me
an example?

Sorry if the answers to these questions seem simple to you, but they are
not simple to me. I am inexperienced compared to yourselves.

Thanks again.

Selmer