httpd-users mailing list archives

From Selmer Ausland <sel.ausl...@shawcable.com>
Subject [users@httpd] CGI outside of ScriptAlias directories
Date Wed, 16 Apr 2003 17:33:59 GMT

Hello Group;

    I am re-posting this help request as I did not receive any replies
to my previous post. Is there anyone who would care to reply? Sorry if
this sounds trivial to those who are more familiar with Apache2 cgi-bin
than I am. I have looked through many tutorials etc. but have not
figured out why it will not work.

     I am running Apache 2.0.45 on Win NT 4.0. I am trying to set up
cgi-bin in  a clients VirtualHost and I cannot get it to work. I have
set it up as per the Apache tutorial at
http://httpd.apache.org/docs-2.0/howto/cgi.html#configuring (I
hope,correctly).

ScriptAlias /cgi-bin/ "D:/Apache2/cgi-bin/"

AddHandler cgi-script cgi pl

<VirtualHost *>
     ServerAdmin webmaster@somedomain.com
     DocumentRoot "D:/Apache2/htdocs/directory"
     ServerName www.somedomain.com
     ServerAlias somedomain.com
     <Directory "D:/Apache2/htdocs/directory">
     Options Indexes
     AllowOverride AuthConfig Options Fileinfo
     Order Allow,Deny
     Allow from all
     </Directory>
     <Directory "D:/Apache2/htdocs/directory/cgi-bin">
     Options +ExecCGI
     AllowOverride none
     Order allow,deny
     Allow from all
     </Directory>
</VirtualHost>

I have added the following first.pl script to
"D:/Apache2/htdocs/clientdirectory/cgi-bin"

#!D:/perl/bin/perl.exe
print "Content-type: text/html\n\n";
print "Hello, World.";

However, I get the following message in my error log when I go to
http://www.domain.com/cgi-bin/first.pl

[Tue Apr 15 16:06:39 2003] [error] [client xx.xx.xxx.xxx] script not
found or unable to stat: D:/Apache2/cgi-bin/first.pl

The first.pl works when it is placed in my D:/Apache2/cgi-bin but not in
the D:/Apache2/htdocs/clientdirectory/cgi-bin.

Since I am inexperienced with cgi-bin in Apache (or anywhere else for
that matter), I'm sure that it is something relatively simple, but I
can't seem to figure out the answer. Perhaps it is the shebang line???

Yes, I restarted Apache.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks. Selmer Ausland

--