httpd-users mailing list archives

From Selmer Ausland <sel.ausl...@shawcable.com>
Subject [users@httpd] cgi-bin doesn't work in Apache 2.0.45
Date Thu, 10 Apr 2003 22:08:56 GMT
Hello;
    I need some help getting my Apache 2.0.45 cgi-bin working. I am
running Win NT 4.0 and this is the problem:

I have a file called first.pl in my Apache 2.0.45 cgi-bin

#!/usr/bin/perl
print "Content-type: text/html\n\n";
print "Hello, World.";

When I type in the url www.somedomain.com/cgi-bin/first.pl I get an
Internal Server Error. In my error log I get the following:

[Thu Apr 10 16:42:17 2003] [error] [client xx.xx.xxx.xxx] (OS 3)The
system cannot find the path specified.  : couldn't spawn child process:
D:/Apache2/cgi-bin/first.pl

Here is a portion of my httpd.config. It appears to be set up correctly
according to the Apache Tutorial at
http://httpd.apache.org/docs-2.0/howto/cgi.html

#
# ScriptAlias: This controls which directories contain server scripts.
# ScriptAliases are essentially the same as Aliases, except that
# documents in the realname directory are treated as applications and
# run by the server when requested rather than as documents sent to the
client.
# The same rules about trailing "/" apply to ScriptAlias directives as
# Alias.
#
ScriptAlias /cgi-bin/ "D:/Apache2/cgi-bin/"

#
# "D:/Apache2/cgi-bin" should be changed to whatever your ScriptAliased
# CGI directory exists, if you have that configured.
#
<Directory "D:/Apache2/cgi-bin">
    AllowOverride None
    Options None
    Order allow,deny
    Allow from all
</Directory>

This same first.pl script works without problem in an Xitami web server
cgi-bin located on the same NT 4.0 server (using a different port 8080).
So obviously something is screwed up in my Apache config. I have perused
the cgi-bin tutorials on Google etc and I am still unable to figure it
out. I am relatively new to Apache so that doesn't help.

Anyone care to help out with this?

Thanks. Selmer Ausland