httpd-users mailing list archives

From Chris Meadors <clubn...@hereintown.net>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] perchild / mod_cgid
Date Sat, 05 Apr 2003 20:24:24 GMT
Simon Dassow wrote:

> Sh*t, that's the same problem i now get since five releases of
> apache2... boring!
> If someone else succeeds with apache2 and the perchild MPM, MAIL IT TO
> THE LIST :)
> The bug is still listed on bugzilla, *sneef* maybe the next version?

Oh, you've been at this longer than I, I've only seen the problem in the
last 4 releases, didn't try before that.  :P

2.0.45 was the last "next release" for me.  I'm just going with SuExec,
and PHP as cgi.

I can see things being a great deal more secure with the perchild MPM,
but I can't wait any longer.  SuExec is tested and works well.  But
still there is the problem that the directories to be served still have
to be globally readable.

--
Chris