httpd-users mailing list archives

From "P. Dwayne Miller" <dmil...@espgroup.net>
Subject [users@httpd] Error documents
Date Thu, 03 Apr 2003 21:58:43 GMT
Question... I would like to create an error page in HTML (actually I
already have one) and have Apache present this page instead of other
error messages.  What I would like to have happen that is a little
different than the way Apache currently handles error documents is
this...  I don't want a redirect to the error page... I just want my
error page spit out instead of the requested page that caused the error.

Now I have been able to place the text of the page within the httpd.conf
file and this seems to work.  Only problem is that I have to copy the
HTML code to each error code that I want affected.  And I have to edit
the config file.  It would be nice to edit the one file containin the
HTML of the message and somehow have it used without restarting Apache,
or editing the config file.

These are all minor inconveniences at best, but I just thought I'd ask
 Is this currently possible?

Thanks,
Dwayne