httpd-users mailing list archives

From Josh Wyatt <Josh.Wy...@hcssystems.com>
Subject [users@httpd] Apache + mod_ssl performance studies?
Date Wed, 02 Apr 2003 22:29:43 GMT
Hi all,

I'm looking for some performance/benchmarking info for Apache (1.3.x or
2.0.x) + mod_ssl on Linux.  I'd like to have info on non-accelerated
hosts in addition to ones using hardware acceleration...

I found this paper:

http://www.rainbow.com/isglabs/isglabs/shperformance/SHPerformance.html

... which is excellent, but ancient (pentium 200's/kernel 2.0.0!)...

Any anecdotal information would be appreciated as well, which I can
summarize and post back to the list.  Specifically, I'd like to know:
- concurrent connections
- nature of content (static or dynamic)
- "Arrival Rate Profile" (see the above paper... basically session
establishment per second)

Any help or leads would be appreciated.

Thanks,
Josh Wyatt