httpd-users mailing list archives

From BAO RuiXian <ruixian....@pp.inet.fi>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] Forbidden Error in Users Directory
Date Tue, 01 Apr 2003 21:06:47 GMT
Hello, Manu,

Manu Kits wrote:

> lrwxrwxrwx   1 root     system            2 Mar 06 14:01 abc -> abc
> -rw-r--r--   1 hari     usr           28457 Mar 06 14:09 index.html
> -rw-r-----   1 hari    usr            6087 Apr 01 12:40 news.html
> -rw-r--r--   1 root     system           82 Apr 01 10:27 test.html
> -rw-r-----   1 hari    usr              82 Apr 01 12:45 test1.html

The problem is that there is no Read (r) right for Other. The correct
setting for test1.html should be:

    -rw-r--r--   1 hari    usr              82 Apr 01 12:45 test1.html

> root#
>
> My HTTPD.CONF file settings for this directory are:
>
> When I try to access http://www.my.domain.com/abc/test1.html, I get
> following Error message in Browser - wonder why?
> Forbidden
> You don't have permission to access /abc/test1.html on this server.
>
> Also, my ERROR_LOG file shows following:
> Permission denied: file permissions deny server access:
> /home/hari/public_html/test1.html
>
> However, when I try to access http://www.my.domain.com/abc/test.html,
> it works just great. SO I guess the problem would be in the FILE
> Access rights/permission.
>

> Can any one tell me how to display the file publishes by user HARI?

It is not the problem of user HARI. For example the file

    http://www.my.domain.com/abc/index.html

 also should work, although it is owned by HARI.

> Any related informatino on this is appreciated.
>
> THANKS!

Best

Bao