httpd-users mailing list archives

From BAO RuiXian <bao.ruix...@atbusiness.com>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] ~users in a domain
Date Tue, 01 Apr 2003 14:32:15 GMT
Hello,

Dennis Foreman wrote:

>	<Directory "c:/documents and settings/*/my documents/public_html">
>      </Directory>

Do you have a line in your configuration like the following:

    UserDir "C:/documents and settings/*/my documents/public_html"

If so, I think the following URL will work:

    dforeman.cs.binghamton.edu/~foreman.wtsn

Acutally you can replace '~foreman.wtsn' with 'Anything', as long as
'Anything' exists under

    C:/documents and settings/

    and

    the directory 'Anything' has subdirectory 'my documents/public_html'.

If you insist on using '~foreman' instead of '~foreman.wtsn'-style, you
may consider using rewrite to implement it.

Best

Bao

--
BAO RuiXian,  SOFTWARE ENGINEER,   Project Consulting,  Software Services
AtBusiness Communications Corporation, Kaapeliaukio 1, FIN-00180 Helsinki