httpd-users mailing list archives

From MR <mr...@mac.com>
Subject [users@httpd] Re: Newbie question re startup page
Date Sat, 19 Apr 2003 01:42:40 GMT
I don't know how it does it. With Joe's help I found the page
(index.html.en) and there are a lot of them with different endings for
different languages!

> MR,
>
> Do you mean so that it will go to the page based on the language that
> is being spoken by the person going to the page? Or just giving the
> person an option to see pages in English, or a second language??

Joe,

I found the document right where you told me it was.

I remember looking for the httpd.conf file previously and couldn't find
it. I used the find function and it came up blank. I also looked for a
'etc' file and found one buried deep (11 levels) in the System folder.
All it had in it were GMT? files. I also did a search for the htdocs
directory and came up blank.

I did find a reference to the httpd.conf file  in another file
'httpd.html.en' and it indicated it is in a
/usr/local/apache/conf/httpd.conf  directory. I suspect this requires
the terminal to access, which is further than I intended to go.

I can see changing the 'index.html.en' document to provide a front page
to links to my various sites, but if a link comes in from Norway, it
goes to 'index.html.no' instead. If I get rid of all the foreign
'index.html.??' documents will that automatically cause it to go to the
index.html document? What problems will arise if I get rid of those
docs?

Mike