httpd-users mailing list archives

From Richard Ibbotson <rich...@sheflug.co.uk>
Subject [users@httpd] Confused
Date Tue, 29 Apr 2003 18:41:06 GMT
Hi

I'm sure that this has been asked many times and it must be somewhere
in the FAQs and docs but I can't find it.  There are some excellent
Apache docs out there.  Just can't find the one that I want.

I've downloaded httpd-2.0.45.tar.gz 	and compiled it.  I've got it
running on an internal SuSE 7.3 i386 machine with access only to me
and nowhere else.  Seems to be running fine.  Excellent software.
Since it's just for me and no one else I'd like to point the document
root at /home/user.  This means that I can store all my own docs on
it and use them when I want them.

I've found http.conf in /usr/local/apache2/conf.    Can't quite work
out which part to change so that /home/user will be selected.  Can
anyone give me a simple beginners guide to this without too many
words ?  As I say the docs and other related support are brilliant
but I'm stuck on this part of it.

Thanks

--
Richard