httpd-users mailing list archives

From SoloCDM <deeds...@aculink.net>
Subject [users@httpd] Relocating Users Web Page Directories
Date Mon, 21 Apr 2003 09:40:47 GMT
In past experiences, in order to protect users home directories,
the users needed to have their ~/public_html directories put in a
location that was linked to their home directories.  In this manner,
the web page locations were connected only by links, which would
allow web viewing privileges unlike their home directories and
allow others to web browse their pages.

After reading the documentation for Apache 1.3.22, it refers to
redirection and alias, which have been around for several versions.
I'm not sure redirection or alias is exactly what I need.  What would
be the best course of action and what documentation would explain
the steps to make the configurations?  As it is, the users home
directories are purposely configured to block any outside users into
their accounts?  Also, what location would be the best place to put
the users web pages in a Mandrake directory structure (examples:
/var/www, /home, /usr/local)?

--
Note: When you reply to this message, please include the mailing
      list address and my email address in To: and/or Cc: with